- Derek D. Simmons
Derek’s practice focuses on legal issues facing small businesses and their owners, including entity formation, contracts of all types, real estate transactions, and estate planning.
Outside of the office, Derek spends most of his time trying to stay one step ahead of his four children. He reports being only marginally successful.
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Health Law
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate Law
- Retirement Plans and Employee Benefits
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon State Bar Leadership College, Graduate
- Douglas County Bar Association, Past President
- Clerk to the Hon. David V. Brewer, now of the Oregon Supreme Court
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, J.D.
Small Business Certificate
Cornelius Honor Society
Journal of Small & Emerging Business Law, Editor in Chief
- University of Kansas, B.S.
- Legal FAQs from Regular Human Beings
- Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of the Umpqua Valley
- President, Guardians of Heroes
- Rotary Club of Roseburg
- American Red Cross, Five Gallon Donor
- Ford Institute Leadership Program, Graduate
- Board Member, Umpqua Community College Foundation
- National Merit Scholar
- State of Kansas Scholar
- Dad of the Year, Mean Dad Division, 2008-11