- Daniel Webb Howard
Dan is licensed in Oregon, Washington, and California. He has extensive experience advising and representing employers on all manner of employment law issues. The services Dan regularly provides in this area include, among others:
- Assisting clients to structure their relationships with contractors in a manner that complies with state and federal laws regarding independent contractor classifications.
- Representing clients in cases of alleged worker misclassification, including appealing tax assessments resulting from a state or federal agency's reclassification of a client's independent contractors as its employees.
- Navigating compliance with state and federal wage and hour laws, including conducting internal audits to determine whether employees are properly classified as overtime-exempt.
- Assistance with the job accommodation process under the ADA.
- Training managerial and supervisory staff on how to prevent harrassment in the workplace.
Dan is committed to helping conscientious employers minimize their employment-related legal risks.
In addition to employment law, Dan has an active appellate and administrative law practice.
When Dan is not practicing law, he enjoys playing bossa nova guitar and spending time with his family. Dan spent several years living in Mexico before starting practice in Oregon and is fluent in Spanish.
- Oregon State Bar
- Lane County Bar Association
- Employment Law Section of the Lane County Bar Association, Chair (2011-2016)
- Amicus Committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member (2014-2018)
- Instructor of Business Law & Ethics, Lundquist College of Business, University of Oregon
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, J.D.
- Ohio State University, B.A.